5. Exploitation of novel microbial bioactive compounds
our collaboration with Laboratoires Pierre Fabre, we screen
microorganisms in our microbial culture collection for the genetic
potential and the production of cytotoxic and antimicrobial agents. Our
goal is to find novel natural products with potential use in oncology
and in the control of bacterial skin pathologies such as atopic
dermatitis, psoriasis or acne. While these activities are primarily of
an applied nature, basic research aspects are also promoted by
1) characterization of diversity of understudied aquatic ecosystems the ultimate sources of our bacterial strains,
2) the development of novel gene-based screening approaches,
3) the understanding of the factors leading to the actual production of secondary metabolites.
Egalement dans la rubrique
- 1. Isolation and characterization of novel microorganisms
- 2. Isolation and characterization of novel microbial compounds
- 3. Understanding the role of secondary metabolites of bacterial origin on symbiotic associations
- 4. Communication microbienne dans l'environnement naturel / "Quorum sensing" & "Quorum quenching"